Rules for the supervisor’s certificate issued by the Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (certificate requirements)
The certificate of supervisor of the Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy may be issued to psychotherapists who:
- Have held the certificate of psychotherapist issued by the Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy for at least 5 years.
- Have worked as a psychodynamic psychotherapist for a minimum of 10 years.
- After obtaining the certificate of a psychodynamic psychotherapist, at least 50 hours of their psychotherapies have been conducted under the supervision of at least one certified supervisor of the Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (in exceptional cases, a supervisor of another society that acknowledges the influence of the unconscious on the patient’s psychopathology) and have obtained their written confirmation.
- In the last 3 years, has conducted the supervision of other psychotherapists (at least two therapists and more than two psychotherapeutic processes, at least 100 hours in total, including a maximum of 50 hours of group supervision) under the guidance of a certified supervisor of the PSPP, with whom they have discussed the supervision meetings and from whom they have received a positive opinion, known as a recommendation, confirming their ability to conduct supervisions. The person overseeing the acquisition of supervisory experience should be a certified PSPP supervisor, who has held the certificate for at least 5 years and has supervised at least three persons who have obtained a Certificate of Psychotherapist upon with their recommendation.
- Have prepared at least 1 publication or delivered 1 paper at scientific conferences and symposia after obtaining the Certificate of Psychotherapist.
- Have submitted a description of a supervision process lasting for at least 2 years, illustrating the way in which the candidate understands the phenomena that occur during the supervision process and the course of supervised psychotherapy.
- Have transferred a PLN 1200 fee for the expenses of the certification procedure to the account of the Society, with a note reading “Certification Procedure” (the fee is established for a given calendar year by the Executive Board).
The documents should be sent, together with proof of payment, in two copies to the following address:
Polish Society for Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
ul. Zamoyskiego 56
30-523 Kraków, Poland
with a note reading “Certification Committee”.
The Certification Committee shall examine the documents and investigate the candidate’s compliance with the formal requirements, review the submitted case study of the supervision process, and if the review is positive, it shall invite the Candidate to an oral exam that constitutes the main part of the procedure. If a Candidate positively completes all the steps, the Certification Committee shall recommend them to the Executive Board. At its next session, the Executive Board shall vote to grant them a Certificate of Supervisor. The Candidate shall then pay a fee of PLN 300 and receive the relevant document. The certificate needs to be renewed after 7 years.